Tuesday, April 8, 2014

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's errr ummm.... Look away!

Here in the good ol' South, Pollen is killing us!

One day it is gorgeous and wonderful. The next- covered in a blanket of yellow dust.
Yesterday it rained so much, and we had some local flooding, and I thought to myself:
"Self, this here rain will wash all of that yellow allergy murderer away"

Then I wake up this morning and the sun is shining and it is a little chilly, but bright and wonderful!

Well I have sneezed 4 times since typing this blog post.
I happen to look out front of the office and then I see it.

A HUGE cloud of yellow, just blowing around and literally so thick, it looks like it is out walking a dog down the sidewalk. Craziness.

What. Happened. To. The. Big. Cleansing. Rain.

Here are some helpful tips to defeat the yellow cloud.

1) Stay inside.
2) Seal your doors and windows.
3) Purchase a face mask.
4) For real though, please see #5-#8 for the real tips.
5) Eat a spoonful of local honey to help with allergies. Must be local. {Bees eat local pollen then make honey which is customized to the things around you daily; which is why local & organic is key}
6) Eat wasabi covered peas. This really keeps your nasal passages open.
7) Cook with turmeric. {Or take a supplement- I do this and my kids do too}
8) Wash your pets.


Here are a couple of links with tips:





How's the weather where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment